We'll cover the Java Boot Framework.
This framework is a popular choice for Java developers writing web apps. We'll take you through 2 demo apps that covers a common pattern of a frontend app calling a backend app.
- We'll walk thorough both simple pre-built backend and frontend apps. The frontend app simple calls the backend app.
- We'll first get everything running locally.
This video is focused showing how the demo Spring Boot apps work. Dependent services like mysql and redis should already be setup.
- The backend app talks to a mysql database and redis.
- Using flyway to automatically migrate and seed some data.
- The frontend app simply makes a network call to call the backend app.
Deploying to Kubernetes
- Then we'll deploy both apps onto a Kubernetes cluster and confirm that it's working.
- We configure the
BACKEND_ENDPOINTwith a Kubernetes ConfigMap so the frontend service calls the proper backend service in Kubernetes cluster.
- We'll use the Kubes tool to automate the deployment process.
Get full access to these great resources
All for less than the price of coffee a day